"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, September 3, 2007

Top 11 Pet Peeves

Just have to even out the happiness with what drives me completely bonkers!

  1. People saying "I could care less." It's "I COULDN'T care less." Meaning you cannot care any less about the situation. Arrrgggg!
  2. Cutting in line.
  3. Having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Mostly a problem when pregnant but annoying all the time.
  4. One of my kids throwing a temper tantrum in a public place when I can't immediately remove them and correct the behavior.
  5. Overly concerned people who give me unsolicited advice on parenting issues (usually happens right after #4). Seriously, mind your own business, people!
  6. Being completely out of chocolate. It's a potentially fatal situation.
  7. Having to hurry because I have a terrible sense of time management.
  8. When something goes wrong with a cake and it's completely beyond my control...there's nothing I could have done to prevent it.
  9. The way Utahns talk. They drop their vowels. There's not a "sale" at the mall; it's a "cell." They don't drink "milk." It's "melk."
  10. People who are mean just for fun or to look cool in front of their friends. Grrrrrrrr...
  11. Door-to-door salesmen who won't take "No, thank you" as an answer. I don't want to be rude and shut the door but I really don't want to buy their stuff. And the "No Solicitors" sign does nothing to deter them!

What makes you batty?

6 comments:

The Slothower Family said...

At this point there isn't much that doesn't drive me crazy. Even things that didn't before I was pregnant, now do. It is weird not having control of your emotions.

Amanda said...

I feel like I know so much more about you........I am sure I could make a list of things that drive me crazy too......but it might be much longer than 11!

Kristie said...

Just be thankful that you don't live in a houseful of boys because I am sure that your #1 pet peeve would be pee on the toilet, or seats left up, or it smelling like a barnyard 5 seconds after you have cleaned it, or all those joyous things that go along with boys!!!!! :) Okay, so maybe not, but it sure is mine!!!! Can't wait to get some girl blood in my house!!!!!

Jessica G. said...

Tawny - but just wait until you feel the baby move! That will be very cool.
Amanda - you gotta share at least one pet peeve...I'm sure we have it in common!
Kristie - And to think, we are going to start potty training the Boy. Can't hardly wait. :P

Emma said...

Jessica,
I have a pet peeve. Airport security. Abide by their rules or else but there is no respect for passengers luggage. I understand the "need" for every square inch of your possesions to be searched because we are now criminals until proved innocent. But ripping my luggage and getting my kids carseats sopping wet and filthy, no need for that. Oh and we aren't suppose to complain. Somehow they aren't liable for their luggage abuse. (They were too busy testing my kids carseats to put a plastic bag on them. The bags were right behind the counter. Inconsiderate morons) Arrrrrrrg!!!!!!! Unfortunately I won't boycott because it is just the fastest way to travel. At least until I learn to telaport or disapperate! lol
I do feel a little bit better now that I have ranted!

Amber said...

People who end sentences with a preposition. My husband used to do this all the time, but I've cured him (Who says you can't change your spouse once you're married???) In fact, I think it bugs him more than me now.
So.... where are you at??

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive