"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Must Be Stressed Out

So when I get stressed out, I bake. Perhaps this is the reason why I can't seem to lose much weight...

Last week I made these amazing Peanut Butter Layered Brownies for my neighbor. See, she's had three kids and is still stick thin. I felt sorry for the poor girl, never knowing the joys of plus sized clothes. Just had to take her some brownies.

We usually have Sunday dinner with Aunt Denise and now, with the Man's youngest sister (who I have yet to think of a nickname for...any suggestions?). I try to make an extra effort on those days. All four food groups are represented (and probably covered in butter) and there is always dessert. This Sunday, I decided we needed a layer cake so I made the chocolate cake from the recipe on the can of Hershey's cocoa powder. Mmmmmm...so chocolatey! I even frosted it all pretty and served it on my nice cake stand. Sorry, but it didn't last long enough for me to take a picture.

Then for Labor Day, we got together with some neighbors for a BBQ. Aunt Denise was there and so was the Man's sister with two of her friends. After burgers and hot dogs, we sent the kids upstairs with a Thomas the Tank Engine movie. The adults got to play the Wii. And while the men were distracted, I cut into the strawberry cake that I made. Because it wouldn't have been me if I couldn't provide a dessert. I guess they liked it because there was only one piece left.

Since I've been feeding everyone else my goodies, I didn't get much. Now I want to make something and hide it so only I get it! Mawahahaha! Okay, not really. I don't think I could eat a whole pan of brownies by myself. Since I've made most of my special recipes, I was wondering if you have something you make when you want to spoil someone or something that you could eat the whole thing and not feel the least bit guilty...wanna share the recipe?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Well...Lately my favorite has been just brownies with homemade chocolate icing on top:) So RICH! I also have a family favorite Chocolate Sheet cake that is a little labor intensive----but too DIE for:) Today I just made Pumpkin Bread---which I know isn't really sweet....but I LOVE my recipe of it with Whipped cream cheese on the top for Breakfast:) I love to bake too....I am just not nearly as talented at it as you!

Kristie said...

Sorry Jess!! Baking and cooking and all other domestic things (like cleaning) sound horrible to me right now. Chocolate (and everything else) gives me heartburn. About the only thing that sounds good to me right now are breakfast foods and ice cubes. Strange I know, but since I am pregnant for a few more days, its all good!!!!

Emma said...

I love cookies!!! I have a couple favorite cookie recipes. I also love lemon bars. I know they don't have chocolate in them but oh they are yummy. I also really like the Betty Crocker bag sugar cookies. So easy, just add an egg and butter. How simple, other than buying them and I don't like store bought. I am a little picky when it comes to my desserts.

I thought of another yummy dessert. One box of chocolate cake mix made w/chocolate chips added. After it is baked cut/crumble and put into a 9x13 pan. Then I drizzle homemade chocolate sauce all over. Finally we eat it with chocolate and/or vanilla ice cream.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive