"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Eating Cookies...

And yes, I am eating cookies. Those Peanut Blossoms, to be exact. I watched a friend's daughter today and I like to make cookies with the kids whenever I do that (and I like to eat cookies whenever I am surrounded by lots of unruly children).

I am a little pouty right now. I went to book group tonight, where I am the only one not currently retired or with all my kids in college and that's okay. It's still fun. We read "Wish You Well" by David Baldacci and it was a good book. We were also asked to bring a favorite book to suggest to the group as future reading. I brought "Till We Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis, which I just read for my online book group. It's a re-telling of the Greek myth of Psyche and Cupid. And if you know much about me, you know that I really love myths, legends and folklore (so much so that I named my first-born after my mythology professor). So I really liked this book.

Not a single person voted to read it in the group.

Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't been able to get my happy pills (because our insurance hates me) or maybe it's because no one liked the last book we read on my suggestion (and if you didn't like "Five People You Meet In Heaven," please don't tell me as it may damage our friendship).

And my friend who wanted to take me to lunch tomorrow needs to reschedule.

So I'm sitting here, eating cookies and trying not to cry. Because crying breaks every rule of Birthday Week. Maybe the insurance company will read this, see just how much I need those dang pills and send someone right over with a Costco-sized bottle.

And in your comments, please tell me that I am a good and useful engine. And that I'm pretty.

8 comments:

Amber said...

You're a good and useful engine, and you're pretty.

:)

Console yourself in know that pretty much no matter what happens your birthday will be better than mine.

So wanna do lunch sista?

Jessica G. said...

amber - totally! My day is open tomorrow... ;) Just kiddin'. You're busy moving. When do you want to get together?

Kristie said...

Jessie- You are BEAUTIFUL and a wonderful person!!!!!! I count myself lucky to have you as a friend!!! I hope that your day goes better today!!!! I will be thinking of you and hope that you get to have your medicine after all!!! Happy birthday tomorrow!!

Amanda said...

Jessie--I wish that I could come right over and take you to lunch (and leave my sickee child at home with Daddy!) I think we've all had similar days......I know what your feeling:( I think you need to send this post as a letter to your insurance company! Doesn't your doc. have samples he can give you till you get the pills!!!! Call him tell him it's an emergency!!!! I am sure the man will do something super special for you...and you will feel at least a tad bit better:)

Amanda said...

I forgot to mention....SEND ME SOME OF THOSE YUMMY COOKIES---don't ya know doing service can always cheer ya up!!!! LOL! Seriously though I wish you lived here I am doing a baby shower for my best friend in a little over a month and I could use one of your pretty cakes!!!!

Amanda said...

Can you tell I am in need of adult conversation today???????? If P was well I might just go to the store and talk to someone!

Emma said...

I thougth about you today. If I lived near Jessica I would go visit her. Yes you are pretty, witty and have good choices in books. Happy birthday. When is the exact blessed day?

PS I love my happy pills too. Stinkin insurance company!!!

Tipi said...

They didn't like your book cuz they lack imagination and are caught up in the myth of the generation gap and should be pitied...


Better?

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive