Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Unwrap all the Rolo candies.
- Place pretzels on waxed paper, leaving at least an inch between pieces (I've used the traditional twisted pretzels and these waffle-looking things; both worked fine). Use as many as you have Rolos to match.
- Center each Rolo on a pretzel.
- Place in oven for seven minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes (not too long - this is more to let the pan cool down than the chocolate).
- Squish a pecan firmly onto the candy, making sure you stay centered, but not so far down that the chocolate overlaps the pretzels.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Scoop into plastic baggie. Snip a small portion of the corner off. This makes your drizzle bag.
- Zigzag the melted chocolate over the pecan (or, if you are an 8-year-old, do whatever you want and make all kinds of shapes and pictures that no one except for you will recognize).
- Pop the tray into your freezer to harden up the chocolate before your kid's friend has to go home.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Have to end this on a positive note, right?
- Makeup, fixing my hair and clothes other than pajamas are optional. Bras, too.
- The Man is not here to demand home cooking or dinners with nutritional value. Chocolate pudding is perfectly acceptable for lunch.
- I don't have to watch any of "his" shows. The remote is all mine. Goodbye college sports; hello Doctor Who!
- I don't have to share the blankets. And his pillow becomes community property.
- Dishes only have to be done when we're using forks to eat our ice cream.
- Costa Vida takes over my evening meals for me. I never get tired of their salads!
- I can adjust the thermostat to whatever I want. He likes it at 68. I like higher. I win.
- Casual get-togethers with friends go from "just for fun" status, to "absolutely necessary for my sanity" and therefore, make getting a babysitter a priority.
- I don't feel guilty about updating my status on Facebook every couple of minutes after the kids go to bed because there isn't anyone waiting for me on the couch.
- There's no one that can prove that I've eaten the rest of the brownies. The only other people in the house either can't count that high or aren't tall enough to see that there's a pan on the counter.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
This is a repost from two years ago. The Man was recently out of town for two whole stinkin' weeks. I barely made it. My two main forms of survival came from a gift certificate to See's chocolates and a trip to the local Ikea.
I'm not saying the Man really is out of town (because I'm paranoid enough, people) but if he were...these are the reasons why it would potentially suck. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
- My feet are perpetually cold. There's no one to warm them up at night. No way am I wearing socks. Maybe we should rent a dog for when the Man isn't here to fulfill his duties.
- I have to change all stinky diapers. Sure, Boo takes care of the wet one but the messy diapers are still a little too gross for her delicate constitution.
- All trespassing spiders receive a stay of execution. So the spider in the bathroom gets to live trapped underneath that cup for a little while longer.
- I have to get up when the kids do and get them breakfast. Usually, the Man feeds them and then heads off to work so I get to snooze a little while longer to catch up on the sleep I missed while spending "quality time" with Baby in the wee hours of the morning.
- Bored, bored, bored. It's a good thing I joined Facebook or I'd have no idea what to do with all this empty time.
- My panic attacks are going into overdrive, especially at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. Was that the heater turning on? Or was it a band of vicious burglars breaking down the garage door? Was that one of the kids coughing in their sleep? Or are they silently choking to death while I just lay here? Such happy thoughts...
- There's no tag-team. And my split personality doesn't count.
- I have to do all the Man Jobs. I got married so I wouldn't have to take out the trash anymore. Too bad the kids are still too young to haul the big trash can down to the curb...
- There's no escaping them! I am the only adult present and am therefore the only one who can supervise baths, break up fights, refill drink cups, deliver punishments, distribute bribes, and run away from tickle attacks.
- No one to cuddle with on the couch while watching tv. No big hugs when he gets home from work. No kisses to reassure me that he is still head-over-heels in love with me.
If the Man really were gone, then I would really be missing him right now...
Friday, February 4, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (90)
- I Need A Theme Song
- Wordless Wednesday: Happiness
- Little Chocolatiers
- Because I Love You, Dang It!
- Wordless Wednesday: Favorite Book Characters
- Chocoholics Meeting
- Friday Confessional #2
- Wordless Wednesday: Protege
- Top Ten Reasons Why It Rocks When Your Husband Is ...
- Top Ten Reasons Why It Sucks When Your Husband Is ...
- Friday Confessional
- Reason #683
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2010 (88)
- ► 2009 (144)
- ► 2008 (208)