Have to end this on a positive note, right?
- Makeup, fixing my hair and clothes other than pajamas are optional. Bras, too.
- The Man is not here to demand home cooking or dinners with nutritional value. Chocolate pudding is perfectly acceptable for lunch.
- I don't have to watch any of "his" shows. The remote is all mine. Goodbye college sports; hello Doctor Who!
- I don't have to share the blankets. And his pillow becomes community property.
- Dishes only have to be done when we're using forks to eat our ice cream.
- Costa Vida takes over my evening meals for me. I never get tired of their salads!
- I can adjust the thermostat to whatever I want. He likes it at 68. I like higher. I win.
- Casual get-togethers with friends go from "just for fun" status, to "absolutely necessary for my sanity" and therefore, make getting a babysitter a priority.
- I don't feel guilty about updating my status on Facebook every couple of minutes after the kids go to bed because there isn't anyone waiting for me on the couch.
- There's no one that can prove that I've eaten the rest of the brownies. The only other people in the house either can't count that high or aren't tall enough to see that there's a pan on the counter.
What is your favorite thing about having your hubby out of town?