"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

FHE: The Body

Can't miss posting for Family Home Evening so my re-prints will have to wait a little bit...

Opening Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (does it still count if I can't actually touch my toes?)

Opening Prayer: The Man.

Lesson: It was da Boo's turn. I had a lesson all ready to go for her, one that she could teach herself but she wanted something very different. In preschool, they are learning about the body so that was what she wanted to teach us. 'Cuz maybe we don't know that we have intestines or brains (some days, it seems like I don't have one).

She draws her own visual aids.




Here are some highlights from the lesson:

Da Boo: Your intestines are like a roller coaster for your food.

Da Boo: Some food you eat doesn't get eaten so it goes down to your bottom and then you poop.

The Man: What would we look like if we didn't have a skeleton?
Da Boo: A puddle of yucky stuff on the floor.


Closing Song: Twinkle Little Star (because it's just not FHE if we aren't forced to sing this one...)


Closing Prayer: Da Boo.


Treats: Skeleton bone gummy candy (yes, they are leftover from Halloween!) and brownies for the Man who despises all things gummy.

6 comments:

Summmack said...

I have to say I am so impressed with your FHE's and the fact that you have a well prepared one every Monday! You are on the ball...I don't think I have ever seen the ball..J/K I am also impressed that you sing at your FHE's. My dad would occasionally make us do that (ok he really only made us do it a handful of times) but we sounded horrible and it was never a good experience. The kids would either be shy or laughing at how bad we were and then dad was frusterated and the spirit was gone by then and it all went down hill from there. Needless to say, we don't sing at our FHE's, OK to be totally honest our FHE's consist of hanging out, watching movies, eating in the living room, bowling, those types of things not really spiritual. You have inspired me to do better...Thanks!

Amanda said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Her pictures are AWESOME!!!!!!

Jen said...

How do you sit through the lesson without laughing. The highlights were very cute.

Kristie said...

I loved the cute drawing to accompany the lesson!!! Great job!

Debi said...

!!! They really teach 'em good in pre-school up there where you guys live !!!

Tipi said...

I'm with the man!
All things gummy are bad! icky!ewwww!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive