"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Let's Get This Party Started!

It's that time of year again...my Birthday Week! And I'm a little surprised to say that it has kinda snuck up on me. Last year, I had all sorts of plans and ways to celebrate but this year...not so much.

Let's see...today we had our traditional family celebration. Since I had to make dinner, I made one of my favorite dishes and made sure there were plenty of leftovers (which, I just realized, is exactly what I made last year!). Aunt Denise brought over a cake (because I'm weird and refuse to bake my own birthday cake). Then she and the kids banished me to the upstairs until they were done decorating it.


Pretty cute, eh? You should have seen their faces after they were done...not because they were glowing with pride at their creation but because they were covered with various colors of frosting and sprinkles. One should always sample one's own work to ensure quality, right? And I did get a picture of the little monkeys but am saving it for Foto Friday (or whatever day I get it posted).

So here are my plans for my birthday week:
Monday: We're having a family over for FHE. Keep in mind: this is *not* a birthday party! I refuse to plan my own party (goes with the cake concept) so these nice people are coming over for a spiritually uplifting evening. And we're gonna play Rock Band.
Tuesday: I will have a couple hours to myself while the kids are in school so I am planning on taking some of my birthday cash and seeing if anything sparkly catches my eye. Also? We're having Costa Vida for dinner that night. Because I said so.
Wednesday: Going to dinner with friends without the kids. Wooohooo!
Thursday: Yet another parent-attended field trip. But I'll make up for missing out on my two hours of freedom by once again getting Costa Vida for dinner. I wonder if they'd be interesting in advertising on my blog?

I'm going to bust out the Halloween decoration this week, too. And that's it...no other plans. Some of my wishes are slightly hampered by the fact that the Man is leaving me. Yes, he did just get back from a trip on Friday night. He leaves again on Tuesday. I made him take me out on a date on Saturday but he was still fighting jet lag so we had to call it an early evening. And the restaurant we went to wasn't as great as I had expected. We didn't get dessert. You know it's not a good time when I don't ask for dessert after my birthday dinner! Oh well...we'll try another place when he gets back.

And I've manage to break another cardinal rule of the Birthday Week: I am sick. I think it's allergies but whatever it is, it's wrecking havoc on my sinuses and since I can't take any medication...it's not very fun.

What else should I do for my Birthday Week? What's something you want to do during your Birthday Week?

10 comments:

Jillybean said...

I think you should get a nap. Or three.

I think everyone should wait on you hand and foot, and cater to your every whim.

I think that sometime during the week, a trip to Cold Stone would be appropriate. Or better yet, Cold Stone should be brought to you while you are getting a pedicure at some swanky salon.

And of course, CHOCOLATE!

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you have a good week all planned up!! I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Amanda said...

I always want ALONE TIME! P always hears me say this and he tells me months in advance that for Mother's day I can have alone time:) LOL! SOunds like you have some good plans! I delivered 9 days after my b-day this past year so all I did was lay around like a beached whale:)

Tipi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!

*throws confetti*

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday! I haven't been to Costa Vida in years, but maybe I should.

I'm all about the cake. I think eating ridiculous amounts of cake would be the best way to celebrate.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Jess. How fun. You are such a great mother. Just add ice cream, and it will be perfecto.

Kelly said...

Ahh my Jessiemadoodle another year has gone by my friend. I miss you so much and hopefully one year I can make it out to see you. Lova ya and miss ya.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Greatest day to be born ever.

My birthday week plans will be up shortly. :D

Nat said...

Happy Birthday! How...um, young are you?

I like the concept of celebrating all week! Have fun!

Stephanie said...

This has already been suggested, but (for me) nothing would beat a week of unlimited nap access with chocolate on my nightstand. Heck, let's make a birthday MONTH out of it.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive