"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Friday, September 26, 2008

Foto Friday #11

I am posting this on an *actual* Friday. Woot!

The Boy's preschool had their first field trip. To the fire station. I think my son's head about exploded on many occasions...it was that cool. There was an obstacle course ending in a slide, craft projects, a movie and the grand finale: a tour of the fire station with real firemen!


But can I rant for a minute? Oh wait, this is my blog...I can do whatever I want! Hehehehe...The one thing that irritates me about his preschool is that it seems to be mandatory for one parent to attend all field trips. Sure, it's a little inconvenient but what bothers me most is that they can make the parents be there, but they can't make them pay any attention to their kids. Mostly, this is an issue when the father is the accompanying adult. And I'm not bagging on men in general, just on a few that happened to be there. There was one kid who didn't listen and was rather active and pushy and line-cutting-y and just all around a nuisance. And where was Dad? Standing several yards away, hands in pockets, looking like he'd rather be getting a vasectomy than be there. And me, being the bossy caring person that I am, I took it upon myself to pull the kid out of line (repeatedly) when he was cutting back in after already having his turn. Hey, if the dad wanted to discuss this with me, I would have been more than happy to let him do his job but alas, he wasn't paying attention and probably expected someone else to watch his kid anyway.

Deep breath...

Moving on!

Want to meet da Boo's very best friend?


What? You were expecting another child? Or at least a human, right? This is Danny. He is a very nice horse and just loves to give little kids rides. Both the kids have gotten to ride him several times and love him. Da Boo even made him a get-well card after an incident involving a poorly-constructed fence and the neighbor's ill-mannered dog (don't worry...Danny won that fight). I haven't broken the news to the kids yet but Danny's owners are moving. I better be armed with ice cream when I tell her...

So along with other beloved items returning to our home, the Co-ed is back!


Yippeee! Free babysitting! Um, I mean...we once again may enjoy her pleasant company on most Sundays. And now you, too, can relive your college experiences through the Co-ed. She's started a blog! Go check it out.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband still acts like that in a firestation.

Congrats on the slave labor!

Kristina P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie said...

I think all boys love the firestation!!! Too bad about the horse moving. Both kids look like they are having the time of their lives!

Heather said...

I found that same issue at the firestation with the clueless parents as well.

I am so not in the cool crowd so I actually had to watch my daughter.bummer.

Jan said...

Firestation saga.

Cute pics and I love Da Boo's best friend. Ride em cowgirl.

Nat said...

Hey...we remember Danny!

Diane said...

Sorry to say...but...welcome to the world of field trips. There is always some parent who thinks the field trip is a vacation for them, not the kids. Way to assert yourself. You rock!

Jillybean said...

I think that guy's wife was at the library last week. She dumped her 3 & 1 year old kids off at the children's section and then walked off. Her little boy tried to shove Max away from one of the toys that he was playing with. I told the little kid that Max was there first (Loudly enough that the mom should have been able to hear) but I ended up taking Max away before he got hurt.

I think you should buy Da Boo her own horse;0)

Janell said...

I love how itty-bitty da Boo looks on that big horse!

It seems a bit extreme that the preschool would expect a 1 parent to 1 child ration - especially considering how many families rely on both parents working.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive