"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Fun

Saturday morning, the kids and I headed up to the local chapel for the traditional breakfast and egg hunt. This year, they separated the age groups, which I thought was a great idea. I'd rather taking pictures of my kids happily collecting eggs instead of tearfully picking themselves up after yet another bigger kid knocks them down in all the excitement.

Breakfast was served. Pancakes, sliced strawberries, whipped cream, fruit, and sweet rolls. Just as I was getting the kids their pancakes, someone set down two boxes of donuts. Score! There was also Clarabelle, the Easter cow (apparently, no bunny costumes were available). The kids were pleased to see a relative.


Finally, it was time for the eggs! First, the little kids.


They had taken the eggs for the youngest group and basically left them in piles. Also a good idea! Because really? Most kids the Boy's age don't really understand the concept of hunting for eggs. They just pick up whatever they happen across, even if it's not an egg...

Then the middle group.


Da Boo was on the lower end of this group but she held her own and made me proud. She got a little upset when an older friend tried to help her find eggs. She's a whooping five now...she can find her own eggs, dang it! After this group, they unleashed the older kids as a sort of clean-up crew, finding the eggs that had been missed by the younger crowd. Afterwards, there were fun games, like an egg relay, egg toss and seeing how many peeps you could stuff in your mouth at once. No, I didn't play them. But when we headed home, the record was 13 peeps.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

YOur kids are too cute! Have I said that before...I think just a few times:)

Kristie said...

Looks like a grand time!! That is so funny that they had a cow. Your kids are really cute. I hope that ya'll had a happy Easter.

Nat said...

Your kids are so big, and they look exactly the same! They're cute, and it is crazy how fast they grow up!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun, sorry we missed it. then again it was too early in the morning for me. I am not a morning person! especially since Lily came.

The Slothower Family said...

That comment from kim and carol was me I wasn't paying attention. I didn't know my mom was the last one to log on to google. sorry

Rupper Family said...

That last shot of your lil' guys is adorable! They look like they had so much fun!
Mine are coming down from their sugar high now-it isn't pretty! Next year I'll have to reclaim their candy before they eat too much!
-Wendy

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive