"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Bash

Tonight, we had the official Birthday Party for the Co-ed, complete with presents and a cake. Now, before you run to look at the cake, let me explain: the Co-ed is a very healthy person. She is majoring in dietetics and eats healthy stuff all the time. I have seen her turn up her nose at steak - yes! steak! - in favor of vegetables and salad. Some days, I wonder how we manage to get along. For her birthday she wanted a decorated cake, something fun and silly. You know, my specialty. So I thought about it, wondered about it, bounced ideas off anyone willing to listen...and then finally came up with what I thought was perfect. Keep in mind all the things I just told you about the Co-ed...Okay, now you can go look at her cake.

In grand Birthday tradition, the Birthday Girl got to select whatever she wanted for dinner (she chose pizza) and then was presented with a mound of gifts to open. Well, really, there were only six presents...but still...


Here is the Co-ed opening her gifts...and there is the Boy, throwing a tantrum because there are no presents for him. Yes, it was proud-mothering moment for me. He did cheer up when I explained that his birthday was next.

Happy, healthy Birthday, Co-ed!

Now...anyone have any ideas for an easy party for 3-year-olds?

10 comments:

Jillybean said...

LOVE the cake!
That's the kind of salad I could eat every day!

Amanda said...

That cake LOOKS AWESOME! You are amazing...I know I say it every time I see a new cake you have done....but it's true! What a great SIL in you are to give the co-ed such a fun and Happy birthday!!!

Emma said...

You are great! Love the cake. Party ideas: bean bag toss (make your own bean bags with coordinating fabric to party theme then each child gets to take one home with their goodie bag), pen the tail on the donkey or what ever coordinates with theme, pinata (Target has ones that ribbon is pulled off the bottom and then the candy falls out, much safer than 3 year olds with a baseball bat), eating always takes time and a running game to release energy maybe have them run in grown up shoes. Hope this helps. Of course I can't wait to see the Boy's birthday cake.

Popcorn House said...

No great boy three year old ideas, but I am excited to see what you come up with. So when Joseph turns three end of Sept, I will have some ideas. LOVE THE CAKE YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!

Suzanne

Jo said...

Sign me up for more salad! That cake is awesome! Happy Bday coed. Even the temper tantrum was cute.

Kristie said...

Cute cake! It was very original!! :) Come up with some good party ideas and then post them so I can use the same ideas for Aaron's party!! :)

Nat said...

Wow, that cake is amazing! Is it as healthy as it looks?!

Heather said...

Awesome cake!!!

Did you ever find a wooden bowl?

I will not be sharing any ideas for the party for your 3-year-old because I will be hoarding them all for my 3-year-old party in a few months.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica G. said...

Heather - borrowed a bowl from Aunt Denise.

And thanks to everyone for all the nice comments...I entered this cake in a bake-off contest online. *Fingers crossed*

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive