"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Good To See You!

Have you ever had one of those moments when someone comes up to you, all huggy and smiley and "Soooo good to see you!" and stuff? And you hug and smile and say "Wow, it's been too long!" right back?

Only, you have no clue who they are?

That happened to me tonight. Standing there, her face wasn't ringing any bells even after five minutes of conversation. I was waiting for the punchline. But she knew things about me, like Baby's name and where I lived. Started me thinking that maybe last year's stalker made good on those threats to find my house and now she is following me around town...

7 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Umm..yeah..a little creepy! Was she a blogger, and not someone from your 'real' life? Just offering suggestions.

Jessica said...

Weird! I think that's a bit brazen for a stalker, but who knows. You couldn't even get anything from questions like "How is your family?"

Jessica G. said...

I did finally remember her but she looked very different from the last time I saw her. And even after remembering how I knew her, still cannot think of her name!

Janell said...

It happens to me all the time.

And occasionally I find myself waving at people I think I know, only to get closer and realize that they weren't who I thought they were.

Kristie said...

Um, yeah, that happens to me all the time too. Only, after a few minutes, if I can't remember them, I just ask what their name is, how I know them, and deal with the embarassment!! :)

Nat said...

Oh! That was me!! ;)

(joking...)

Jo said...

Thanks a lot, it was me!
sniff, sniff.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive