"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, April 14, 2008

Answering Fan Mail

So I've gotten a few emails and messages that bear sharing (especially the good ones). Also, I thought I'd take this opportunity to answer a few burning questions my loyal readers might have. Shall we?

Q: "Does this stuff really happen to you or do you make it up?"

A: Nope, all the truth. I once had a friend tell me that my life should be a Seinfeld episode. I think that was a compliment...


Q: "Hey Jess, I'm sure you know this but I check your blog all the time, I love it! You're the only person I know who updates daily, which means I ALWAYS check yours. What I want to know is, how do you manage to blog, AND decorate amazing cakes, AND keep two kids and a husband happy? Do you have a maid? I can't seem to get dressed most days, and the house...it ain't pretty!"

A: It's easy: I don't actually clean my house. I just kinda shift stuff around when I'm on the phone or if the Internet is down. And my kids basically take care of themselves, really. Well, except for the feeding, dressing and changing part but really, how often do I need to do that? The key to all this is keeping the husband deliriously happy...that way, he doesn't always notice the mess or the unkept children, just that his wife is an ultra-hot babe and can bake a mean dessert. (And are you just being nice because you really know me and want me to do a birthday cake? Cuz it's working!)


Q: Did you take [cake decorating] classes?

A: Just two of Wilton's classes. I didn't take the flower class and I should probably re-take the fondant class. I highly recommend those classes, as long as you have a good teacher. Most teachers will give lots of useful hints and tips during class but others (who themselves are professional decorators) seem to hog the secrets of the trade, afraid of a little competition. Anyone who saw my roses would instantly know, I am no competition at all.


Q: You reveal way too much personal information about yourself. Bad things can happen to people who do that.

A: Or good things can happen, like my distant family and friends get to see all our adventures, watch my kids grow and learn, laugh at the funny stuff and cry with the sad things, or maybe someone will love my blog so much that they'll give me a million dollars. Now, if you don't mind, I must continue posting my mother's maiden name and my social security number. Go use your scare tactics on another mommy blogger who doesn't keep a gun in the house.

11 comments:

Emma said...

You are hilarious Jessica! I LOVE reading you blog! I just made the strawberry cake again and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipes! Keep up the blog posts!

Kristie said...

You are so funny!! I do love reading your blog and keeping updated on what is going on with ya'll!! I wish I got fan mail.....

Rupper Family said...

So you let the house go eh? Better that than yourself right? I too am good at the shifting stuff around, which is usually done twenty minutes prior to the time I expect my man home(I sure hope he isn't reading this!)Keeping him happy though, I've gotta do more of that...post some good dinner recipes will ya??? (unfortunately my husband isn't as into desserts as I am!)
-Wendy

Robyn said...

I love how you answered that last question! Some people really bug, you answered just how i would have!

Jo said...

Um... you certainly scared this other mommy blogger. Please tell me you leave the gun at home when you have lunch with local bloggers...

Amanda said...

hummm.....Where is MY fan mail?????

Kenney Crew said...

Your blog is fun to read! I enjoy how you write the same way you talk/think. I hear your voice as I read it and think that I'm just in the middle of a conversation with you...by the way, it's been way too long since that's happened. It's fun to catch up! (TK says to say hi to Q).

Chris said...

Hey, found your blog, long time no see.
Remember me, it's Chris Chatwin Sheen :)

Jason said...

If you need any more guns..., I know this guy...

Good Queen Lyn said...

I am glad you have a gun. People are odd...You have lots more fans than me, but I'm getting more every now and then.

Tipi said...

huummmm...
I should just not make MY comment about guns...

wouldn't want to ruin the mood and all.


:P

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive