"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Love the Smell of Bus Exhaust in the Morning

I'm only a week late posting the First Day of School pictures. I'm sure you've been on the edge of your computer chair, staring at your Google Reader, just waiting for this very update.

Or you are mostly likely thinking "It's a good thing she posted...I was about to stop following this blog."

Boo picked her outfit for the first day of school.


It consisted of her new "scratch n' sniff" shirt (kinda smells like frosting but mostly like cotton t-shirt) and a new black skirt. She picked her new black shoes because the insides have a leopard print. Also, Boo insisted on having the Co-ed fix her hair. Hey, I know I'm not the best at fixing her hair but my pigtails aren't lopsided anymore! Her hair did turn out pretty cute. Might have to have the Co-ed fix mine, next time.


And here she is with her best buddy, J. And that's not me forgetting everything about the angle of the sun from my photojournalism class...it's J's sparkling personality. No, really! It is! Would I try to deceive you? Boo reminds me nearly daily that they are getting married. Fine with me. His parents are pretty awesome (and I'm not just saying that because his mom reads my blog). See all the other moms taking pictures from the correct angle? They must have blogs, too.


The big moment! Getting on the bus! The kid behind her almost had to give her a boost. She's smaller than most of the kindergartners...but she's not short. She's "fun-sized!" See the backpack? Cute, right? While this year's search wasn't quite the saga we had last year, she still had the hardest time picking one that a) I was willing to pay for and b) wasn't white. This one I brought home from a shopping trip. I think I am going to do that in the future...far less drama that way. And if it's one thing we could use around here, it is LESS drama!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

They look so cute and smart!

BTW, we need to talk about Brittany's cake!

Bonnie the Boss said...

She is adorable!!! My kids want new backpacks but I refuse to buy them.

Nat said...

Fun times! Is she in first grade? I can't believe how big they are getting. Especially J. Last time I saw him, his mom said she was going to start potty training him. I hope that went well!

Amber said...

Geez, I was going to use that picture for their wedding announcement, but you had to take it from the wrong angle- So much for that!

Kristie said...

Cute pictures! I hope that Boo had a great first day of school and that she is liking her class this year!

Jenny P. said...

I have seriously been following Kristina P all over the blogosphere today.

I love back to school pictures.

And I LOVE the outfit, and the fact that you let her wear exactly what she wanted. Good Mom. :)

Jillybean said...

She's so cute!
What are you doing with yourself now that she's gone all day?

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I love that she is 'fun-sized'. I have one of those! Yours is adorable!!

And wait...who is the Co-Ed? Would they be willing to do MY hair too?

Shauna said...

CUTE kids!!! You won some soft socks over at my blog! Come see and please e-mail me your mailing address asap to: tryingtostaycalm@gmail.com

Janell said...

She is so fun-sized!

Jessica G. said...

The Co-ed is my husband's adorable youngest sister. She's a junior at BYU and was staying with us until school starts for her. Check out her blog in my blogroll!

Emma said...

I love how you call Boo "Fun Sized" it is too funny! We picked out Audrey's lunchbox and brought it home. She loved it and no arguing! Audrey would love to take the bus she grumbles about having to walk to school.

Jo said...

Fun sized? Is that you too? Travel sized for your convenience. And if Boo gets tired, you could put her IN the backpack and carry her! She looks so darling.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive