"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, August 10, 2009

Brainwashed

Along with the phrases that are banned at our house, I thought it was only fair that I tell you the phrases that I make my kids say. There's "thank you" and "I'm sorry," of course. I never make my kids say "I love you" but they are very spontaneous about it and will say it anytime, any place. Including in the very crowded public restroom at Target. I just inspire that sort of devotion, I guess.

One thing I insist on is the way they must ask "please." Da Boo started this when she was very young. She has since indoctrinated the Boy. I suspect that Baby will be the same way, once she gets past coos and blowing raspberries as her main forms of communication.

Example...
Boo: Can I have a cookie?
Me: What do you say?
Boo: Please?
Me: Please, what?
(and keep in mind, I was originally asking her to repeat her question, as "Can I have a cookie, please?")
Boo: Please, oh most beautiful of the Mommas?

Now, who can say no to that?

11 comments:

Kristie said...

Ha, ha! Do you think that she could come over and teach that one to MY kids?!! :)

Jessica said...

I think it's the right of parents to brainwash their children. After a certain age I think it all falls out anyway - why not do your best now!

Kristina P. said...

No one could say no to that!

Jana Nielson said...

That girl is going to go far!!!

Jillybean said...

Love it!

I've always made my kids say "Please, dear mother" The best is when Max is mad that I won't give him something and he yells "PLEASE! DEAR! MOTHER!!"

Tausha said...

Laugh out loud funny! I so love it when little people make me laugh out loud! Good job mom!!

The Garretts said...

Girl, you are teachin them right. Good work.

Jenny P. said...

THAT is brilliant. I am so adopting that strategy at my house!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Thats one smart kid..I hope you gave her TWO cookies!

Janell said...

Ah, she is learning the art of flattery. It will get her far in life :)

Emma said...

That is so sweet!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive