Things that were GOOD:
- My committee all showed all, had all their assignments fulfilled and then some. They are FANTASTIC! Thanks, everyone!
- The food - 6 foot sandwiches from Wal-mart - was surprisingly good. And they gave us waaaaaay too much. Sent home boxes of sandwiches with people, along with jars of mustard and mayo.
- Ward members brought lots of goodies (most of the dessert were chocolate!). I even got a slice of some excellent chocolate cake.
- Strawberry lemonade was a huge hit and we went through the huge spigot cooler twice.
- Great turn out! Lots of people came, including some I don't see at church all that often.
- Plenty of good conversation. There was so much talking, in fact, that I had to get my SWAT team buddy to use his deafening whistle so I could get everyone's attention when I needed to make an announcement.
- No one was injured or in any way made to bleed.
- No one told me (or said within earshot of me) that it was lousy.
- Currently, there are no pending lawsuits or people having lost their faith in God as a result of last night's events.
Things that were BAD, BAD, BAD:
- It rained.
- It rained A LOT.
- There was lightning.
- The pool closed.
- The pool did not reopen.
- Children cried.
**Thanks to those who have emailed me suggestions for future activities! Really good stuff! Now, tell me the things that did not go over well so I know what to avoid...