"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Report

So last night's activity...well, it had it's highs and it's lows.

Things that were GOOD:
  • My committee all showed all, had all their assignments fulfilled and then some. They are FANTASTIC! Thanks, everyone!
  • The food - 6 foot sandwiches from Wal-mart - was surprisingly good. And they gave us waaaaaay too much. Sent home boxes of sandwiches with people, along with jars of mustard and mayo.
  • Ward members brought lots of goodies (most of the dessert were chocolate!). I even got a slice of some excellent chocolate cake.
  • Strawberry lemonade was a huge hit and we went through the huge spigot cooler twice.
  • Great turn out! Lots of people came, including some I don't see at church all that often.
  • Plenty of good conversation. There was so much talking, in fact, that I had to get my SWAT team buddy to use his deafening whistle so I could get everyone's attention when I needed to make an announcement.
  • No one was injured or in any way made to bleed.
  • No one told me (or said within earshot of me) that it was lousy.
  • Currently, there are no pending lawsuits or people having lost their faith in God as a result of last night's events.

Things that were BAD, BAD, BAD:
  • It rained.
  • It rained A LOT.
  • There was lightning.
  • The pool closed.
  • The pool did not reopen.
  • Children cried.

**Thanks to those who have emailed me suggestions for future activities! Really good stuff! Now, tell me the things that did not go over well so I know what to avoid...

7 comments:

Emma said...

I am glad your activity went well. Where did you end up having the activity? At the pool before it closed or at the church. Our ward pool party this year just had ice crem treats which was waaaay easier than a dinner.

Kristina P. said...

It sounds like it was more good than bad at least!

Jenny P. said...

Dude, if you can have a list of goods like that with the bads that were that bad, you are the best activity planner ever!

I'm glad things went well. :)

Mary said...

I think the pros totally outweigh the cons :o)

Tiffany Wilson said...

I'm not really that into chocolate. So, we need to make special food assignments specifically for peanut butter cookies!
Other than that, I thought it was really great. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for Christmas.

Leslie said...

No injuries. Now that's a good party!
Sorry to hear about the rain...

Adam and Rachel Family said...

I think you did an absolutely fabulous job! It turned out perfect, even without the pool. Thanks for all your work! I love knowing that you are in charge of Orchard Ward FUN!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive