"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, August 31, 2009

And Knowing Is Half The Battle

While the Co-ed was staying with us before school started, we decided one night that we would run away and see a movie. Our local theater is nearly deserted on the weekdays. Along with nine other people, we saw "G.I. Joe." It was almost a date, but the Man didn't open the car door for me so he doesn't get credit.



Here are some random thoughts/reactions to the movie:
  • This movie would have been completely ruined for me if they didn't work in certain phrases like "and knowing is half the battle," "Go Joe!", "real American heroes," and kung-fu grip. It had 'em all!
  • Why do all really bad guys have creepy voices? Seriously. Name one really, truly bad guy that doesn't have a voice that makes your skin crawl...
  • Why is it that if a woman is young, attractive, aloof, yet skilled in all manner of bad-assery, she must fall in love with one of the male leads? Can't she be happy with the fact that she can tell him where to go in six different languages if he gets fresh? Yet romance is practically a given. "Uh oh. She's slightly hostile toward him and yet she looks hot while saving his butt from the bad guys...they are totally hooking up."
  • Did the actor that played Snake Eyes get less money because he didn't have any lines? The guy doesn't even grunt!
  • Didn't Scarlet have a Southern accent?
  • When someone asks "You and what army?" and then you actually have an army to back you up, it's just not as cool as it sounds.

10 comments:

Janell said...

Your comments about the female lead and the army made me laugh :)

Mary said...

I thought the movie was entertaining...my husband LOVED it!!!!! We both played with G.I. Joe's as kids, I wasn't a Barbie kind of girl :o)

Jenny P. said...

Romance IS a given... that is true.

I felt the same way about the Star Trek movie... all the stuff they worked in from the old school series made it SO much more fun.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I haven't seen it, I heard it wasn't all that good. What was your overall impression?

Kristina P. said...

My husband wants to see this. Sigh.

Nat said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard that the guy who played Snake Eyes was also Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace. I don't think he had any lines in that movie, either. Maybe he talks like a gilr?!

Jessica G. said...

I actually liked it okay. It wasn't as fun as Star Wars and the ventilator bad guy kinda ruined it for me but it was great remembering all those action figures we had and the stories we came up with for them.

Robyn said...

You are so funny! I'll have to tell you what Addie had to say about this show when we walked out of it, but probably not the best thing to type on here! But my boys were in heaven! Not a fav of mine, that is for sure, me and Addie said we get to pick the movie next time, but it might be awhile with a new little babe!

Popcorn House said...

I had incredibly LOW expectations going in....and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. Daniel REALLY liked it!

Daisy said...

LOL! I kept wondering how Scarlet's hair was absolutely PERFECT in every scene- even when she was battling it out. I kept thinking how I wanted to get my hair cut and colored like hers- but how it would never stay in place like that without a stylist around you 24/7!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive