"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Morning

Easter morning, the kids were very excited to get out of bed and head downstairs. But it wasn't to see what the Easter Bunny brought. They wanted to check on their Easter cookies. Here is a picture:

They turned out great! Da Boo was simply amazed when she bit into one.

And then there were the Easter baskets. Here is a picture of the kids enjoying the customary breakfast of orange rolls while drooling over their baskets.


Da Boo got new Easter-themed Littlest Pet Shops and a CTR ring. The Boy got the stuffed chicken (which has barely left his side) and a clip-on tie (which has stayed in the basket). They loved the magic capsules (the kind that you put in warm water and a sponge animal comes out). Those were a huge hit.
Church was really great! The sacrament meeting was done by the choir. It was like Music and the Spoken Word, with Easter songs and narration. Very nice. Sunday School was on the transfiguration of Christ. There were several comments on the General Conference talks and the testimonies of Christ. Powerful stuff. We have a really fantabulous teacher. And I'm not just saying that because she reads my blog. I have learned so much in this class. She teaches the gospel and doesn't make me feel like I am a lousy member because I don't know all the deep doctrine. (And she's way cute.) Relief Society was a montage of scripture and hymns. I also discovered my mascara is not waterproof. After church, I got in trouble because I was cropping and editing photos to post for you, my lovely reader, instead of making dinner for the family. So no funeral potatoes. Had baked potatoes instead. And steak. And yummy rolls. And jello salad. And green salad. AND chocolate cake. I'm very full, physically and spiritually.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The cookies look pretty....and I love the story behind it! Did they taste good? That picture of your kids at the table is priceless:) So CUTE! Can I come live with you??? YOu seem to cook a lot of sweet treats...that's my kind of place!

Jessica G. said...

Yep, there's always lots of goodies around here. I take comfort in baking so when I'm stressed, out come the recipe books. Perhaps this is why I can't lose weight...

Kristie said...

It was fun to get caught up on wheat has been happening, I am glad that you had a nice Easter!!! It seems like a lot happens in a week huh?

Kristie said...

Oh and I meant to say that I LOVE the curlers!!!!! Too cute!! What a fun Easter.

Tipi said...

I’m insulted! Not once did you mention what joy MY Birth on that day brought to you!
*storms out of thread in a huff*

Oh, our Easter egg hunt was put on by the Knights of the Vernal Equinox! It was magical!
I’m so glad you got to share pictures of the kids hunt! Our cookies turned out great, though my kids beat the pecans till they were dust! LOL! Worked for us!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive