"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Life of Pi

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



All of the book groups I've joined have had Life of Pi on their reading list at some point but somehow, I've managed to avoid reading it. It seems like a very odd premise: Pi, son of a zookeeper, survives a sinking ship in a lifeboat loaded with animals, including a tiger. Eventually, the tiger whittles things down to just it and the boy. The book has won all sorts of awards and prestige so you'd think I'd be more excited about reading it…


Here's the teaser:

"Another man was nabbed in the process of stealing a cobra. He was a snake charmer whose own snake had died. Both were saved: the cobra from a life of servitude and bad music, and the man from a possible death bite."
- pg. 30, Life of Pi by Yann Martel



What are you reading?

9 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Very interesting teaser. I know what you mean about this book. It seems like the thing everyone should read because everyone talks about it. I haven't read it yet either, though.

Here's my teaser: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-coffee-at-little-angels.html

kayerj said...

oh I like that one--thanks for stopping by. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Alan said...

Thanks for stopping my blog!

My daughter is reading Life of Pi for a college class this semester.

Miss Angie said...

I've heard that's a good book. I need to get back to reading more often.

Book Loving Mommy said...

This was the first book I ever reviewed on my blog! I really loved and the ending...crazy! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Unknown said...

Interesting...I must be out of the loop on this one. But I think I'll add it to my list. Good teaser!! And thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I keep hearing about this book but I haven't read it. It sounds like I should! Thanks for the teaser.
Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

Christine Rains said...

I love that teaser. I started to read the book four or five years back, but I couldn't get into it. I keep meaning to give it another chance.

elesa said...

Life of Pi is one of my favorites. So, did you like it?

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive