"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Burning Water

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share a few "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give away too much. You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!

  • Mercedes Lackey is the author of several books on my TBR pile. I thought she was mostly a Young Adult author. So when I found this one about an adult witch, I thought it worth a try, also. Had a really difficult time getting into it and felt like reading the back cover kinda ruined the book for me. Still, I'm a sucker for mythology and Aztecs don't get a lot of page time. 


  • It's those scene-stealing Mayans that get all the attention. 


  • Also? The Teaser I'm including is part of the main character's personal Creed, which I found myself almost completely identifying with…almost.


  • Here's the Teaser:


  • "Fifth commandment: there are only three things worth living for; love in all it's manifestations, freedom, and the chance to keep humanity going a little while longer. They're the same things worth dying for. And if you aren't willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race."


  • - ummm…forgot to get the page number and now I can't find it, 

  • Burning Water by Mercedes Lackey

    • What are you reading?

    • 9 comments:

      Alyssa (Hesperia Loves Books) said...

      Great quote! I've never heard of this author, must check her out.

      Thanks for stopping by my TT.

      Alyssa

      Diana said...

      I love Mercedes Lackey but haven't read this one YET!

      Heather said...

      Excellent teaser! Thanks for visiting me today!

      Cherie Reich said...

      Love this quote!

      I've read some of Mercedes Lackey's earlier books, but I haven't read some of the more recent ones yet.

      My teaser is here: http://surroundedbybooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-trouble-under-tree-by.html

      Unknown said...

      That was a great teaser. :) Mercedes is a new author to me, I can't wait to check out her books.

      I'm a Tuesday Teaser. My post is
      http://notexactlyblogging.blogspot.com/2012/01/tuesdays-teaser-and-amazon-breakthrough.html

      Christine Rains said...

      Fabulous teaser!

      Just SO said...

      What a great idea! And I'll have to look up this book. It sounds good!

      Jennifer said...

      Great quote. I thought she just did YA,too, so thanks for sharing.

      Thanks for stopping by for our TT.

      Lisa said...

      oh my.. sounds interesting

      Here's mine

      Powered By Blogger

      Blog Archive