"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Difference Between Boys and Girls: Science vs. Imagination

Alternate Titles: "What Kid Isn't Fascinated By Mechanical Engineering?" or "Einstein Got Run Over By A Unicorn"

It's not just the kids that are different. Every now and then, me and the Man see things with entirely different perspectives. Sure, we see eye to eye most of the time. But every now and then, I swear, it's like we're from different planets. His rotates on an axial tilt of 25.19 degrees with a circular orbit. And mine is warmed by the breath of dragons.

Sometimes, an ordinary family drive turns into a blazing example of those differences. The kids spotted an enormous fluffy column of white steam emitted by a building just off to the side of the road.

Kids: What's that?
The Man: Inside that building are evaporators that use natural gas to produce over a 500 megawatts of electricity per day.
Kids:
Me: It's a cloud maker.
Kids: Cool!

Nice try, Mr. Brainiac. Unicorns and fairy dust trump scientific facts any day. Well, at least until they stop believing in Santa Claus.

6 comments:

Emily said...

A cloud maker. How fun!

Christine Rains said...

Funny! Just the other day, my son and I were taking a walk and we saw some men working on the pipes. A big plume of steam was coming out and my son declared they were making clouds. :)

Jillybean said...

I SO get this

Except with me, it's my kids that are also telling me all the technical stuff.
Seriously, don't try to explain to me how the computer works, as far as I'm concerned, it's magic!

Just SO said...

Love it!

Karen M. Peterson said...

It's funny cuz it's true!

Miss Angie said...

Hahaha! True!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive