"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Friday, March 9, 2007

It's NOT Fair!

I'm still sick. Like hacking cough, spewing mucus sick. And the Man is sick (and whiny). Da Boo isn't feeling so hot and coughs a lot. Of course, the Boy is perfectly healthy. I took a nap Thursday while da Boo was at preschool and the Boy just played. I woke up to find my nightstand filled with his toys. Apparently, he kept himself well entertained within three feet of my unconscious form. Hey, nothing was flushed down the toilet or eaten.

So here's my complaint: why is it that Mommy is never allowed to be sick? I have to cater to the needs of everyone else while I am feeling like death warmed over. I am tucking little ones (and big, whiny ones) into bed while I'm trying not to cough up a lung. I answer to every call for comfort while I am desperately in need of some TLC myself. IT'S NOT FAIR! And then again, the irony of it all is that when I am sick, I really, really want my mommy.

**Currently, my Mommy is in Florida with my Air Force brother and his cute wife. Rumor has it that they are the proud parents of a little boy! I don't have all the details, as he was just born a few hours ago, but I'll update as soon as I know! Congrats to them!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I am so sorry!!! I can identify!!! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. At least you can take stuff for it!! (unlike pregos like me!) Congrats to your brother!!! I can't wait for the update on their baby!!!!

Amanda said...

I know it is NOT FAIR to be the mom and be sick.....:( SORRY!!! Steve has been sick for 3 days and I am sick of it! Now we can't do our weekend chores and I've had no help with P:( So I am taking P to Pizza Planet for lunch today...we need some fun!!! Get Well soon! And congrats on your new nephew!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive