"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Monday, January 3, 2011

What I Learned On My Christmas Vacation

  • As much as I love the GPS system we have, it's rather depressing to get on to the main highway and see that your next turn is in 419 miles.
  • There's a reason why there are no smash hit songs, popular movies, or best-selling books about Omaha.
  • During the summer, Kansas is full of sunflowers and humidity. During the winter, the sunflowers are all gone and the humidity turns to ice.
  • Everything in Texas is bigger. Especially the highway systems.
  • Being two hours from your brother's house on your way back to Utah is a really bad time to discover his car keys are still in your purse.
  • You know your anxiety medication is working when you see multiple cars sliding off the icy highway and you can still communicate with your spouse in a recognizable form of English.
  • If you have to get stranded by the snow and poor road conditions, Moab, UT, is an absolutely beautiful place to do just that this time of year.
  • When you finally get home, your messy kitchen will never look so inviting.
What was the best part of your Christmas vacation?

9 comments:

Debi said...

Sounds like your Christmas vacation to see your mom and our Texas Winter Wonderland was just perfect. :)

Don't you know you're supposed to stay home at Christmas and come for a really LONG vacation in the summer? :)

Nat said...

Wow! I'm glad you made it home safely!

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that sounds like an adventure! What did you do about the keys?

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Having mu hubby home all week! YEA!

Kristie said...

I have to agree that you need to go for a long time in the summer at the same time that I am there visiting! :) We could have a blast together!!!! Glad you had fun and made it home safe and sound!

Erin said...

Yikes about the keys in your purse.

My mother-in-law lives in Moab. It certainly is a beautiful place!

Lindsey said...

lol!!! You make me laugh. Sounds like your Christmas vacation was much more exciting than ours. Thanks for the words of wisdom. :)

Stephanie said...

When we got home from Christmas vacation we found out we had unexpected house guests for a week now they have strep. Heaven help me.

Mary said...

At least it was memorable, right? I hate travelling during the holidays...and it always feels like I need a vacation after my vacation!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive