It's the Valentine's Day party for Boo's second grade class.
The teacher would like me to have different stations, with at least one adult per station. One station should allow the kids to pass out their valentines, another to make some sort of snack. The rest of the details are left to me.
I need your help! What are some really good games/tasks/treats that your kids/neighbor's kids/cousin's sister's brother's kids have done in the past? Ideas, please!
Here's what I have so far, with the kids divided into five groups of six kids, with about eight minutes per station:
- Group gets to deliver cards to their classmates. Not sure this is going to fill the allotted time...any suggestions for filler?
- Valentine Bingo. Everyone gets conversation hearts to use as markers.
- Some sort of treat...I'm thinking sugar cookies because those are easy, decorated with candies that I'll ask the parents to send to class. One of the kids has a pretty intense set of allergies so not sure what to do here.
- A craft. The kids will have their valentine boxes made before the party. I'm thinking I'll get some pompoms, pipe cleaners, wiggly eyes, and have them make warm fuzzies. That's kinda lame. I'm sure someone has a better idea.
- Another game. I don't know what yet. Yikes!
Any suggestions, links, or detailed descriptions are most welcome! (And helping me might just get you a couple extra entries into my next giveaway...)