"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's a Birthday without a CAKE?

On any given day, I love decorating cakes. Love it. But on my birthday...well...I'd rather have someone else put forth all that time and effort for me.


Aunt Denise baked the cake and then (bravely) let all three kids decorate it. You can almost tell which sections match which child. There's a horde of chocolate chips (pirates, I'm told) swimming in sprinkles. That has to be the work of the Boy. Then the careful writing (it's harder to write on a cake than it looks) and flowers. Obviously da Boo's contribution. Those smudges of color amongst the fingerprint up in the corner could not have been made by anyone else except Baby.

And it all tastes really good with rocky road ice cream.

7 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I love it!

I can totally see the pirates! Argh!

Kristina P. said...

Delicious! Happy birthday again!

Kristie said...

Hope your day was wonderful!!! :) I love the cake! It looks awesome. :P

Anonymous said...

love it! Jules and my mom made my birthday cake early this year. I almost cried, I loved it so much. :-D

Happy Birthday to you!

Mary said...

you have some extremely creative kiddos :o)

Stacy Q said...

Well, EVERYTHING tastes good with Rocky Road ice cream... but the cake looks wonderful too!

Jen said...

they know mom pretty well...lots of chocolate

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive