"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Sunday, September 26, 2010

True Colors Swap

Because it's my Birthday Week and I'm allowed to do whatever I want for the next seven days, I'm hosting a swap!

For those of you who don't know or have never participated in one, a swap is where a host blog (me) assigns participants (you) to a partner, who will then exchange a package with you that is prepared with the swap theme in mind. I'll give you all the rules here in a bit.

The theme I chose is True Colors. Basically because I love 80s music. Each participant will send me a little information about themselves, the most important of which will be their favorite color. Your partner will put a package together containing items in this color. Now, you don't have to have the every item completely monochromatic. For instance, if my partner loves lavender, I could obviously send lavender-scented items but also a color of nail polish, a pair of silver-tone earrings with lavender beads, and maybe some chocolate that has a lavender-colored label. Look at your partner's blog for ideas. Do they have a dog? Send a pet toy with that color. Does your partner love classic literature? Find her a book that has cover art containing that shade. See? Easy enough.

Now, for the rules. I've participated in several of these and have learned what works and what doesn't. One thing I definitely need is a set of rules outlining the whole shebang. If you're not going to follow the rules, then please don't sign up. Good? Good.

1. You must have a blog that is at least six months old, on which you have posted at least once a month. If your blog is private, you must be willing to invite your swap partner to view it.
2. Email me (duckduckcow at gmail dot com) with your name, address, blog address, a few details about yourself (number of kids, hobbies, etc.), any allergies or preferences (if you won't use anything cucumber melon-scented, here is your chance to say so), and your favorite color.
3. Please blog about this swap! The more participants we have, the more fun it will be for everyone.
4. I will send emails and I will expect a response. You'll get a) confirmation email with your swap number, b) your partner's information, and c) a reminder email just before the shipping date. If I do not get a reply, then you might be dropped from the exchange. Keep that in mind.
5. You must be willing to put together a package that is worth $20, not including shipping. I would like at least one handmade item, please. Share your talents! And remember value...while some people see "vintage," others see "junk pile."
6. You must mail your package on Friday, October 22 or Saturday, October 23. No later than that! Please do not sign up if you will be on vacation or too busy. It's not fair to your partner.

Go send me that email! I will close the swap on, Friday, October 8. You will receive your partner assignments soon after. (And if you don't hear from me, please contact me again...you know how I can be an airhead sometimes...) Also, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

And LOOK! I even got a Mister Linky so be sure to add your name with a link to your post about the swap. It makes it a lot easier to find your partner, too.



8 comments:

hairyshoefairy said...

Sorry, I'm a little behind but I'll email later today about it.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Okay..I give! I can't resist. I saw the link on Facebook and clicked over. Then found myself hesitant, but I can't resist!

Kristie said...

Sounds fun! I'll have to think about it! I hope that you have a fantastic birthday week this week!!! :)

Tipi said...

I am excited! my first real swap!

Mary said...

I planned on doing it, but it has come at a really bad time. I'm definitely do the next one!

Unknown said...

This sounds like a lot of fun; I love your theme! I'm emailing you my information now...thanks!

kibbygirl said...

Cool idea for a swap. It should be a lot of fun!

Vanilla said...

Just emailed you! Hope I'm not too late!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive