"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

BBC's 100 Most Loved Books 76-100

76. The Secret History, Donna Tartt From what I can tell from the reviews, this is a very English book. Might make me crave tea and crumpets.
77. The Woman In White, Wilkie Collins Hey, cool! There's a Supernatural episode inspired by this book.
78. Ulysses, James Joyce I have read this one. In school. Of course.
79. Bleak House, Charles Dickens Lots of legal issues…not so sure about this one.
80. Double Act, Jacqueline Wilson
81. The Twits, Roald Dahl I cannot believe how many of these Roald Dahl books I've never read! And I thought my childhood was complete.
82. I Capture The Castle, Dodie Smith Read this one with my book group and liked it.
83. Holes, Louis Sachar Saw the movie. Totally adore the grown up Shia Lebeouf. Does that count?
84. Gormenghast, Mervyn Peake This was described as from the mannerpunk genre. I have no idea what that means.
85. The God Of Small Things, Arundhati Roy Sounds far too much like "A Thousand Splendid Sun" but set in India. No, thank you.
86. Vicky Angel, Jacqueline Wilson Kids' book that deals with death and grieving. Boo cries when an animal dies in a book so I don't think she'd enjoy this one.
87. Brave New World, Aldous Huxley Already on my to-read list! Dystopian story about genetics.
88. Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons Set in 1930s England. Not sure about this one...
89. Magician, Raymond E Feist I've heard good things about this author so I might give this one a try.
90. On The Road, Jack Kerouac Not a fan of jazz...
91. The Godfather, Mario Puzo No.
92. The Clan Of The Cave Bear, Jean M Auel Read this back in high school. Had to skip parts.
93. The Colour Of Magic, Terry Pratchett And here's the first book from the Discworld series! I really ought to read these.
94. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho Loved this book!
95. Katherine, Anya Seton Supposedly, the hero ranks right up there with Mr. Darcy.
96. Kane And Abel, Jeffrey Archer Sounds like a guy book.
97. Love In The Time Of Cholera, Gabriel García Márquez Anyone else thinking of the movie Serendipity?
98. Girls In Love, Jacqueline Wilson Nothing like a book about boy-crazy freshmen girls. It could have been the story of my life.
99. The Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot Big fan of this author but haven't read this series.
100. Midnight's Children, Salman Rushdie This one sounds a little odd, but could be interesting.


Really had to look up a lot of these books. And my to-read list keeps getting longer…

Which ones have you read? Or are planning to read?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive