"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Every Thing On It

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give away too much. You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
Maybe because it's Halloween and I have such fond childhood memories of this time of year but I've been waxing nostalgic. Hence, this week's Teaser Tuesday: the new Shel Silverstein book. I hope that one day I will be as loved and cherished as this man so that when I die, they still crave my books and continue publishing even years after. And I can still recite most of the "Sick" poem.

Here's the Teaser:
"Good Idea
Try to get Dad
To walk on his hands,
Then clap and cheer,
"Oh, do some more!"
So there he goes proudly,
And now's your chance
To pick up the change  
That fell out on the floor." 
-pg. 75, Every Thing On It by Shel Silverstein

What are you reading?
What is your favorite Shel Silverstein poem?

3 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Great teaser. It made me laugh. Very smart kids too. :)

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I love Shel Silverstein. This totally brings me back to my childhood. He was pretty popular when I was in grade school.

~Happy Reading!

Rebecca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Shel Silverstein

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive