"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Friday, November 18, 2011

Missing the Middle…and the Point

The Man travels for business quite a bit. While I am not terribly high maintenance, always calling and texting and posting cutesy messages on his Facebook wall, I do insist on one thing: he needs to bring me back a souvenier. It's how I've gotten chocolates from many states and countries.

Every now and then, the Man comes across something particularly unique and brings it home. Once, he brought me soap. But not just any soap, "environmentally conscience" soap. Here, have a look for yourself.


The explanation for their "hole"-ier than thou soap was simple enough: it's always that last little wedge of soap from the middle that gets thrown away because it's too small, so they just took out the middle. Hey, I'm all for conservation and going green. Since hippies aren't actually known for their soap usage, I guess maybe they didn't quite get it. But really? Taking a chunk out of the center is going to fix that wasted soap sliver problem, is it?

Not likely.

The way I see it, the gutted bar is still going to shrink, growing more and more brittle until it finally breaks up - into four smallish slivers of soap. All of which will probably be left in the soapdish to melt away.

And really, how hard is it to just do this:


What do you do with your soap slivers?

10 comments:

Nat said...

Ha ha ha! I thought the same thing when I saw the missing middle!

i'm erin. said...

Wow, that's a little crazy. For real. It was fun seeing you at Zumba. Now get to writing!

Jillybean said...

We usually just leave them sitting next to the bathroom sink, until we have guests, then we throw them away.

Jillybean said...

p.s. we need to go to lunch again.

Miss Angie said...

LOL, that's true, you can just put it on the other soap... haha

HOley soap.

Rebecca said...

my grandma use to take all the little pieces of soap put them in a knee high sock tie it and use it

Debi said...

I do different things with my soap. I have put the small pieces of soap into the toe of a panty hose, cut the leg...then knot it a few times. When you go camping you hike up to the restroom and carry this soap sock. When you hike back you don't have to touch the soap and mess your hands up. You just carry the knotted end of the hose. Works great.

Kristie said...

Such an odd soap!! :) it made me chuckle though!! Have fun with you holy soap!!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

That's just silly. And probably costs a lot more, too.

I do the exact same thing. Stick the old sliver to the bottom of the new bar.

elesa said...

That is just silly. Oh, that is what the girl right above me just said. But it is! Silly Hippies!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive