* It's "WordFUL Wednesday" because I don't think it's possible for me to not talk.
At times, I really feel like a failure as a mother. Pretty much on a weekly basis, actually. Already, my kids are doomed when it comes to wearing cool clothes. Or shoes. And their mom is a big dork that reads mostly dork books. I also tend to forget my shortcomings and attempt something ridiculously out of my range...like giving the girls cute hairstyles for church on Sunday.
After watching a tutorial on how to get heat-free curls, I decided this would be perfect for Boo and Baby (and Boo's American Girl doll, too, apparently).
The process itself is fairly simple and the girls actually sat still long enough for me to finish that twisting. I sent them off to bed with giggles and careful pats at their "crowns."
Doll hair just doesn't curl well so I wasn't too surprised when that venture wasn't successful. Baby's hair was gorgeous. Those lovely curls were effortless. Unfortunately, half of her hair had slipped from bondage during the night. As long as you looked at her from the right...
Boo's curls were soft and sweet. We rushed to church (because we always do) and I didn't get a picture. As she walked down the hall to her Sunday School class, I noticed the curls were somewhat less...curvy. By the time church was over, she hair was barely wavy.
Well, at least I tried.
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (90)
- Teaser Tuesday: Wildefire
- Friday Confessional: Back to School
- I Love the Smell of Swapping in the Evening
- Wordful Wednesday: When Zombies Attack Young Coupl...
- Teaser Tuesday: Gathering Blue
- My Summer Survival Secret: Nutella
- Teaser Tuesday: Dark & Stormy Knights
- Wordful Wednesday: Sunday Hairstyles
- Teaser Tuesday: My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
- Don't Step On My Cerulean-Hued, Non-Animal Skin Sh...
- A Mothering Moment: Packing
- Move Over, Twilight!
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (88)
- ► 2009 (144)
- ► 2008 (208)