"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Wildefire

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give away too much. You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
I found this book on Amazon as I was looking for something new. The cover is absolutely gorgeous so I kept reading. The premise piqued my interest: teenagers at a distant boarding school discover that their enrollment is no coincidence; they are reincarnations of long-lost demi-gods. Included with the description was an interesting interview with the author. Karsten Knight was funny. If his writing was as compelling as his personality, then this book would be a good read.

Here's the Teaser:
"Her most stunning feature was her eyes, two irises of vibrant gray that gave her a commanding presence despite her diminutive stature.
It was thus all the more ironic that Serena Andreotes was completely blind."
- pg 69, Wildefire by Karsten Knight
What are you reading?

8 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Very cool teaser!

TBM said...

Cool...I wasn't expecting the second sentence.

Here's mine:

http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/teaser-tuesday-aug-30/

Candace said...

I really enjoyed this book, hope you love it!
That's a great teaser!

Thanks for stopping by!

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Aww. That's a bit sad. But very interesting! Must read this book!

Vicki said...

Great teaser! Makes me want to know more. And I love the cover!

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Very interesting!! Thanks for sharing!

Paranormal Wastelands' TT:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-silas-tour-edition.html

Shari said...

Great teaser. Hope you enjoy this book.
Here is mine:
http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-8302011-blood-of-white.html
Have a great week!
Shari

Queenie Jeannie said...

The most recent book I've read is, The Help, which was FABULOUS!! I couldn't put it down! We lived in Georgia for 8 years before moving to Italy, so it really resonated with me even though it takes place in MS.

I decided not to start any new books until I get some crafting done and catch up on my housework too!! I get too "plugged into" books once I start, lol!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive