"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bug Bites

I was bitten by the crafty bug yesterday. It's been a while since this guy has gotten close enough to sink his teeth in...

There was something I've been wanting to make something for Boo. I've seen similar items at craft shows and such but they always seem pretty pricey for what you're getting. Yesterday's craftiness cost me nothing, except for a little time. I had all the items around the house, leftover from previous craft bug infestations.

I made this:


You might be whispering to your neighbor "What is that? I think Jessica G. has finally plummeted off the deep-end, being so proud of that contraption..."

If you don't have a little girl, then you are probably pretty confused. But even if you do, this version is much plainer than others I've seen. So broke out the glue gun and dug through my supplies once more...


There! Much prettier! Even Boo was getting excited now.

Still don't know what it is? Well, here's the finished product, already put to work:


A hair bow organizer! Boo has soooo many clips and such. They're all just jammed in her dresser drawer. Half the time we can't find the one we want or one that goes with her outfit. Now, we have a solution! I'm hanging it on the side of her dresser.

Someone please take away my glue gun before I coat the whole thing in glitter...

9 comments:

Jenny P. said...

I am totally impressed with your craftiness. The organizer is a great idea, and yours is adorable.

I envy crafty. Because I am not. Even a little bit.

Kristina P. said...

That's something even I could do!

Tim and Angie said...

So cute! I'm totally going to make one of those for my girls...sometime.

Kristie said...

I love it! You did a great job on your crafting. I have seen these, but not made one yet. Perhaps I will have to.....:) You have inspired me!!!!

Jillybean said...

I will not take your glue gun away from you UNTIL you cover the whole thing with glitter.

I likes glitter.

It's sparkly.

Daisy said...

What a great idea! I've been trying to figure out where I can put some ribbon to organize Akira's flowers and bows, but just couldn't figure it out. So I LOVE your idea! I just might have to steal this one if you don't mind! ;)

Bonnie the Boss said...

I knew what it was the minute I saw it! so cute! wtg!

Emma said...

Very cute project!

Heather G. said...

awesome!! i think i have to steal this idea!!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive