"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Friday, May 1, 2009

Selfish Mistakes

I've never been accused of over-thinking anything (besides Halloween costumes). And it's true. Sometimes, I just don't think before acting. I don't think about how da Boo might not laugh when I tease her, how she might cry instead. I don't think about how other people might be affected by my erratic driving when I'm running late. And I don't think before posting, especially when I am emotional. When I'm being super-sensitive, I do what I think I need to in order to feel better, whether it's venting a little too harshly or making snap judgments of others when they don't deserve that. Blowing off steam shouldn't make other people cry.

I've hurt someone with a blog post. Now, if it were Super Dell we were talking about, then it wouldn't matter because he is a futuristic cyborg sent to corrupt the minds of innocent wearers of fanny packs. But it wasn't that freak show. It was someone that I admire greatly; one of those people with whom I'd really like to be friends but my dorkitude holds me back. And since it was by blog that hurt this person, then it must be on my blog where I apologize.

I am really sorry. Please forgive me.
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive