"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

We are a little behind on the traditions this year. Instead of our Thanksgiving ABCs FHE, I was trying really hard not to die. So today, when I realized "Oh hey, I didn't die!" I decided it was time to make up for lost time. I even set aside my totally awesome praline sweet potatoes to get this finished.

This year, I had the kids fill out their own terms, including Baby. Hey, she's in preschool now. It's time she start earning her keep. Besides, the creative spelling is always a big source of entertainment.

Apples (because we're original)
Braneys (brownies, actually)
Dinosaur National Park
Grandparents (originally spelled "granperins")
Hogwarts (Boo's contribution)
Jessica (that came from the Man…he's so cute)
Kookies (Baby's choice so we let the spelling slide)
Mommies (I'm dealing with a bunch of kiss ups)
Our children
Qilt (meant to be a quilt)
Ridonkulessnes (yeah, I have no idea, either)
Sewing classes
Tillie (our dog)
Umbrella (writing the letters was losing it's appeal so Baby opted for a drawing instead)
Venes (supposed to be Venus, but I'm not sure why)
Wizards (Boo, again)
X-istence ('cux x words are hard)
Zelda (our kids are nerds)

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

I'm thankful for nerdy kids :)

Blog Archive