2. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen Another really good one.
3. His Dark Materials, Philip Pullman Yeah, probably not gonna read this one, to be honest.
4. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams Read it in high school and really ought to read it again.
5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, JK Rowling If all the books in this series are on the list, then that's an easy 7 books for me.
6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee Once again, read it in high school, but this one I remember better. Probably because of the papers and tests.
7. Winnie the Pooh, AA Milne Does it count if I've seen the cartoons?
8. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell So embarrassed that I haven't actually read this one.
9. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, CS Lewis On my bookshelf and shared with my daughter.
10. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë One of my very favorites!
11. Catch-22, Joseph Heller Haven't read the book but I did the play.
12. Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë Another good one. Reading it for a grade kinda ruined it for me, though.
13. Birdsong, Sebastian Faulks Ummm…never even heard of this one...
14. Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier Really good! I wonder if the movie captures the eeriness.
15. The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger Ugh. Hated it.
16. The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame Another one I introduced to my kiddo.
17. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens Liked this one. The Ethan Hawke/Gwenyth Paltrow movie is horrible, though.
18. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott Meh. It was okay but didn't change my life.
19. Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Louis de Bernieres Another one I'll need to Google.
20. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy Never really wanted to crack this one, actually.
21. Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell Seriously? Wasn't the movie torture enough?
22. Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling Yep.
23. Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, JK Rowling Yup.
24. Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, JK Rowling Yuppers.
25. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien Love this one, too. But the cartoon version creeped me out for years.
Which ones have you read or plan to read?