After a slightly lack-luster swap I recently participated in, I need a little boost. How about hosting my own swap? The first time was pretty fun so let's try it again!
The theme is True Colors. Each participant will send me a little information about themselves, the most important of which will be their favorite color. Your partner will put a package together containing items in this color. Now, you don't have to have the every item completely monochromatic. For instance, if my partner loves lavender, I could obviously send lavender-scented items but also a color of nail polish, a pair of silver-tone earrings with lavender beads, and maybe some chocolate that has a lavender-colored label. Look at your partner's blog for ideas. Do they have a dog? Send a pet toy with that color. Does your partner love classic literature? Find her a book that has cover art containing that shade. See? Easy enough.
Now, for the rules. I've participated in several swaps and have learned a little about what works and what doesn't. One thing I definitely need is a set of rules outlining the whole shebang. If you're not going to follow the rules, then please don't sign up. Good? Good.
1. You must have a blog that is at least six months old, on which you have posted at least once a week. If your blog is private, you must be willing to invite your swap partner to view it.
2. Email me (duckduckcow at gmail dot com) with your name,address, blog address, a few details about yourself (number of kids, hobbies, etc.), any allergies or preferences (if you have an irrational fear of personalized stationary or won't use anything cucumber melon-scented, here is your chance to say so), and your favorite color. (That last part is pretty important...don't forget it!)
3. Then blog about this swap! The more participants we have, the more fun it will be for everyone.
4. I will send emails and I will expect a response. You'll get a) confirmation email with your swap number, b) your partner's information, and c) a reminder email just before the shipping date. If I do not get a response from you, I will assume that you've lost interest. You might be dropped from the exchange.
5. You must be willing to put together a package that is worth $20-$30, not including shipping. I would like at least one handmade item, please. Share your talents! And remember value...while some people see "vintage," others see "junk pile."
6. You must mail your package on Friday, June 17th or Saturday, June 18th. No later than that! Please do not sign up if you will be on vacation or too busy. It's not fair to your partner!
Go send me that email! I will close the swap on, Friday, June 3rd. You will receive your partner assignments soon after. (And if you don't hear from me, please contact me again...you know how I can be an airhead sometimes...) Also, if you have any questions, send me an email! More than happy to help out any newcomers.
Link it up, my friends!