"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Silly Obsession

Have you seen Silly Bandz? They're rubber bands in various shapes and colors that the kids are collecting. They come in theme packages and usually include two of each shape, making it easier to trade with friends and get a great collection going. Here are a couple samples from Boo's collection:


Unicorn (fantasy theme), angel (fantasy), cupcake (baking), weiner dog (dogs), and perfume bottle (beauty). I see them everywhere I go now. Boo loves them. In fact, she may love them a little too much...


And she just got even more for her birthday. Oh boy. It's a good thing she's not allergic to rubber!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

UNICORN!!!!!!

Jillybean said...

I never understood these bands, as soon as you put them on, you can't tell what the shape is.
At least they don't cost much.

Jessica said...

They got banned from our schools here because they caused too much distraction!

Stacy Q said...

My kids found them appealing enough to beg for a couple of packages... but then they never wear them. Which is fine by me.
But they have friends that are adorned like your daughter.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I thought my kids has caught the silly bandz bug. Luckily it ended.

Bonnie the Boss said...

My daughter has about a billion of them, the boys keep begging a few off her. I am glad they are cheap.

Tim and Angie said...

My kids haven't gotten into them. They generally break them within about 10 min. All the better since they aren't really baby friendly.

Chris said...

Apparently they have rings & necklaces now, so I've been told by my 11 year old niece.

melissabastow said...

I've been milling over a post called "Silly Bandz: Dumbest Fad Ever (if you don't count when it was cool to peg your pantlegs)". The other day the neighbor girl excitedly ran up to us show off her new vacuum silly band. A VACUUM. Honestly.

Mary said...

I don't understand the obsession...but we can all be sure someone is laughing all the way to the bank!

Mary said...

I don't understand the obsession...but we can all be sure someone is laughing all the way to the bank!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive