"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here's where I show some humility

Normally, I am awesome.

Admit it. You think so, too.

On any given day, I am not only perfect, but also well-dressed, graceful, good with children, and a skilled cook. And I'm always on time to my appointments and remember the smallest detail at any given moment. (Amber, stop laughing...I can hear you!)

But even one as magnificent as I am will occasionally falter, if only to allow those basking in my glory to hold on to their hope that they might one day attain such heights of wonderment.

I was looking through hair blogs, trying to find some cute, do-able styles for my little girls when I came across a blog that detailed each step in the child-hair-fixing process. And this is where I discovered that for the last 20-odd years of my life, I've been doing something wrong.

Bobby pins.

Did you know there is a right and wrong way of placing bobby pins in hair? It's true! Apparently all those bad hairs day were due to the fact that I've been putting in bobby pins smooth-side-up. They're supposed to be wavy-side-up. Who knew? I certainly didn't!

Seriously makes me wonder what else I've been doing wrong all this time...

(and honestly, if it hadn't been for the slumber party when I was twelve, I would probably still be putting a brassiere on the hard way...)

14 comments:

Jules AF said...

What? There's a right and wrong way to put in bobby pins? (I just typed booby pins, by the way.)

Just SO said...

I had NO IDEA about this fact. I don't use bobby pins all that often but now I will use them correctly thanks to you.

Kristina P. said...

I don't even know what this means.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I use bobby pins all the time. I always use them wavy side up, but then again I don't do all those other wonderful things you do! so I guess I get to have just this one thing on my resume.

Jenny P. said...

I am a bobby pin misuser as well. Really? Wavy side up? I had NO idea.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

You are awesome. I'm to lazy to even look at blogs on how to do my girls hair. And there's a hard and easy way to put on a bra?! I had no idea. And I use a bra way more than I use a bobby pin. Yes we should totally double date! You should be warned that I usually embarrass myself when in public. Or private. I'm not picky. ;o)

Erin said...

I imagined someone putting a bra on the hard way and got a good laugh.

But as for bobby pins, yeah, I have boys and have no need for them. Now that I'm having a girl, I guess it's time to start figuring them out.

elesa said...

Ah, that makes me laugh. I do something right! Yahoo! but I don't know what you mean about putting on a bra the hard way. I only know one way and it's not that easy!

I would ask for some sort of tutorial, but I don't really know how you would do that.

Kristie said...

Hee, hee! You make me laugh!! :) I am glad that I have a funny friend like you Jess!!!

Tipi said...

and that is why I am sometimesgoddess
I already knew which way to use a bobby pin.

Annette Lyon said...

Sorry--laughing.

I don't know how you ever managed to smoosh them into your hair wavy side down.

Then again, I'm a total idiot in more areas than I can count, so I have nothing to be bragging about.

Amanda said...

I would think they would not slide as well wavy side down! I always do wavy side up...but still have bad hairs days...like.....everyday:)

Emma said...

You are hilarious! I hate the little tip that sticks off the side of my head when I use bobby pins.

Emma said...

You are hilarious! I hate the little tip that sticks off the side of my head when I use bobby pins.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive