"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wonders of Technology

I'd like to think that I'm fairly tech-savvy. The Man knows all kinds of random facts and figures about all the newest gadgets and sometimes, I remember what he said. It only took him giving me a short (two-part) tutorial before I could use his itouch without having him fix my mistakes constantly. So, normally, I get it or I can at least figure it out. But my ipod had me stumped.

I mainly use my trusty ipod in the kitchen or on the treadmill (and we all know from my recent pictures how often I actually use the treadmill, so I pretty much have it in the kitchen...while I'm baking something calorie-saturated). I have this nifty little device (that I stole from the Man) that plugs into it and then I can listen to it through any radio. My ears are tiny and those little earbud things just don't stay in. And of course, it took me a whole paragraph to get to my point: I don't usually have my ipod in hand while I'm listening to it.

While we were on the cruise, I listened to my ipod the old-fashioned way, using headphones. We would be up on deck, lounging in those comfy chairs, no little kids to watch so they didn't fall overboard, flagging down the drink boys to bring us more Dr Pepper, completely greased up with sunscreen, and listening to our own music. Bliss, I tell ya. BLISS.

It was during one such afternoon that I finally asked the Man about something I had noticed but couldn't quite understand.

Me: See how it goes to this odd display once my song's been playing for a bit?
The Man: Ooookay...
Me: What is that? I thought maybe it was the time left on my play list or something but it counts up instead of down.
The Man just gives me that look that he gets when I suggest he might want a nice glass of water instead of Dr. Pepper.
Me: I know it's not how long I've been listening to music because it always has a different number on it.
The Man: (more of that look except now he's starting to smirk...)
Me: So, ummm...what is it?
The Man: That's the time. It's a clock.
Me: Oh.

Surely, I am not the only one! Anyone else made a ridiculous technological assumption or mistake? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

8 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I can't think of any 'assumptions'. At least not off the top of my head..but I'm sure there has been at least one or two..or more!!

Jessica said...

Ah haha ha! Although I can't think of any right now dealing with technology, I do it all the time.

Like the time my car brakes were squeaking and I ask my husband if he could "oil them or something." He gave me that same look before busting into uncontrolled laughter.

Kristina P. said...

I am computer savvy, but I wouldn't say I'm technology savvy.

Jan said...

I am not savvy period. I confess. I just fake well.

Kelly said...

LOL, you crack me up. My issue right now is trying to sink my iphone on Brett's computer to get a movie from itunes on his computer to my iphone. He was able to get the movie on his iphone, but I want it on mine too. It's bugging me :(

Nat said...

Ha ha ha! That is so funny!

Unknown said...

those dang clocks! they are so tricky!!!

Jo said...

You are a good blogger! Not only am I laughing, so is my hubby and my oldest son. Hilarious. You are blonde, right?

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive