"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Moon and the Tide

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give away too much. You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
I started the second book in Derrolyn Anderson's Marina's Tales series. It's called The Moon and the Tide. Marina seems to finally have happiness, as do those around her, when a terrible accident happens and Marina's heritage is splashed all over the internet. It's not just reporters that want the full story. I'm about halfway through it and I must say, there's a lot more action in this one! 

Here's the Teaser:
"I could tell that he wanted me to cower, to be afraid; I wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction. I had no respect at all for bullies, and I wanted him to know it."
- pg 135, The Moon and The Tide by Derrolyn Anderson
And just in case you missed it, I'm giving away Derrolyn Anderson's Marina's Tales series in ebook format! Go here to enter. Forget sparkly vampires and heart-broken werewolves; mermaids are the new hot thing!

What are you reading?

8 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Great teaser! Mermaids are pretty awesome. :D

Anonymous said...

Good for the narrator!

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

i'm erin. said...

Oh great teaser! And I just saw you, so now I'm stalking you.

Christine Rains said...

Awesome teaser! I like her that she doesn't cower.

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

I love a strong female lead! Looking forward to starting this series! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Nise' said...

Glad to know it is a series. Good tease.

Tiffany Drew said...

I haven't read these yet, but am looking forward to picking them up soon. Great Teaser!

Anonymous said...

Good for her, no one should cower because of bullies!

My TT this week is from Towers of Midnight

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive