First, there was a delivery from my favorite floral place:
From the Man. Because he loves me. (And because he didn't give me flowers during my birthday week but hey! NO whining!)
Then came the mailman's visit. Normally, I just get a key tucked in the mailbox for the package box but that day, the package box wasn't big enough. I got three packages!
The first one was from Jell-O:
The brain mold was free (just pay shipping and handling). I already have a brain mold but this one is smaller and you just can't beat free. You can still order the mold up to Halloween so if you want one (and really, who wouldn't?) go sign up! The recipe books that comes with it kept my kids entertained for hours.
The second was from my brand-new buddy, Karen from A Peek At Karen's World. She's my swap partner from Miss Angie and Beth's Swapoween!
Here's what she sent:
- Cookie cutters (that I had just talked myself out of getting these so this was just meant to be)
- Sugar cookie mix
- Halloween frosting (I might let the kids use it…I'm such a frosting snob)
- Two packages of candy corn tissues (Adorable! Already in my purse!)
- Candy corn footies (I told her I love candy corn and I think she listened - unlike my children)
- Bag of candy corns (mix half and half with roasted peanuts and it tastes like a Payday candy bar!)
- Autumn M&Ms ('cuz I needs me some more chocolate!)
- DVD of Watcher in the Woods
My favorite thing? The DVD! When I was a kid, we watched this movie and it had me terrified for years. Then, when I was a teenager, I was in charge of bringing the scary movie to a party. I hunted all over town for a copy of this movie. But when my friends watched it, they couldn't get over the dated clothes and overly cheesy acting. Not even the least bit scary now. Can't wait to show it to the kids and maybe scar them into their teenage years.
The third package was from a company that sent me some cool products. I'll be talking about those after I have a chance to play with them. Free stuff is awesome.
* Be sure to check in on Monday! I'll have an interview with author Derrolyn Anderson as well as a giveaway!