"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Confessional #4

I confess...

Dr. Pepper from a soda fountain makes me hiccup.
(Sure, it's a silly confession but I figured after the heavy stuff last week, we could all use a little levity.)
It's only the Dr. Pepper...never the Diet Coke or Sprite. And even though I know it's coming, the hiccups still take me by surprise.

I confess...

I'm a snob when it comes to soda. I'd rather have plain water instead of Coke. Yuck.

And in Texas, every drink is a Coke. Everything! At my very first job, I worked in food service and would frequently double-fill drink orders because the customers asked for three Cokes, a Diet Coke, and two Sprites. So I gave them their six drinks and they get all confused. "But I just wanted the Diet Coke and Sprites!" Then why did you order three Cokes? ARRRGGGGG!!! And I wonder why I never got Employee of the Month.

I confess...

I like calling it soda as opposed to pop. But nearly every time I say "soda," I think of that one Mythbusters where they're playing with Diet Coke and Mentos and Adam says "Soda!" in this funny way. That makes me smile. "Soda!"

My current aluminum can of happiness is Diet Pepsi Vanilla.

Having a favorite soda and loudly proclaiming it is almost like talking politics. Everyone feels strongly and cannot be swayed from their opinion. And anyone who doesn't share that same opinion is a tasteless fool.

Photobucket


What is your favorite soda?

13 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I have a bit of an addictive tendency when it comes to pop and junk food, so I try to keep it out, but I think Dr. Pepper is supremely superior to all other pop.

Kristina P. said...

I refuse to call it pop. It's soda here too. And Coke all the way. Pepsi is the Mario Lopez of soda!

hairyshoefairy said...

I prefer Dr. Pepper. If I can get it with a slice of lime all the better. I also like cherry Coke/Pepsi. Not too picky about which. I can taste the difference but don't really prefer one over the other. I also call it soda. And so do my kids. My husband calls it pop but I don't think his opinion should count because he doesn't drink it that often anyway.

Anonymous said...

The Texas coke is so funny, I have even made my kids do it to. They ask for orange coke or white coke for sprit. Gotta love TEXAS! Jen

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Seriously, people who are not soda addicts just don't get it. It's a comfort thing. I'm an emotional drinker. ;o) And I'm a Mountain Dew girl all the way. Coke is icky and Diet Coke is the new nasty. Any kind of cola makes my teeth feel soft. So I go for the good stuff..Mountain Dew!

Jessica G. said...

Mountain Dew has vegetable oil in it...just sayin'

Pedersen Family said...

I don't have a favorite soda. I don't really like soda. They all make me hiccup. And I say soda, not pop too.

Jillybean said...

Diet Dr pepper is my favorite, the cherry vanilla DDP is the best!
We refer to them all as carbonated beverages.

Stacy Q said...

I had to give up carbonated drinks (long story) and I miss them... Sigh.
My kids have started dispensing their own when they can into some twisted sticky blend of root beer, sprite, lemonade, Dr. Pepper, and whatever else is available from the dispensers.
The weird thing is when we went to a place that had the drink dispensers behind the counter and after negotiating it down from what my daughter had requested I apologetically asked the counter girl if she could mix a 50-50 blend of root beer and sprite for my daughter she laughed and said people asked her to mix sodas all the time.
And she said it's not just kids, a lot of adults mix too.

Sami said...

I thought the whole "Coke" thing was hilarious when I first moved here, too!
Dr. Pepper holds my heart. I will never stray...
It doesn't give me hiccupps though.:)

Cranberryfries said...

It's soda to me too. :) And I love the stuff from the fountain ANY time vs the stuff in the can. Though you're right, now that I think of it, I'm more prone to hiccups. How funny.

Mary said...

They call is pop here in Florida. And WHERE do you find Diet Vanilla Pepsi??? That is my FAVORITE soda in the world, but they stopped carrying it in this area. I'm so uber jealous!

rocslinger said...

Diet Dr Pepper rules, and since my blog IS POLITICAL, I am not afraid to state my love of it unashamedly and with boldness, and hey, burps, BONUS.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive