"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Devouring Lies

I don't get to watch much live television any more. Usually, I record my shows and watch them while the kids are at school or after their bedtime. Also means I get to skip the commercials. I tune out the shows that feature unsupervised children or animated pigs. So when a show was on one Saturday afternoon without a cartoon character in sight, I let it have my attention for a bit. And now, I wish I could go back to those idealistic days of innocence from before watching that particular episode.

Here is a short version of what I learned in that fateful 30 minutes:


Did you see that? Baby carrots are made, not grown. They start out as regular carrots, but get chopped and peeled down to that perfectly munchable size. It's like I don't even know what is real any more. Next time I take a break on a Saturday, I'll learn that fuzzy Martians don't eat oatmeal.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive