"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Supernaturally

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Hello, my name is Jessica G. and I am a YA Paranormal Romance addict.

And I say that with pride. While checking over my shoulder to make sure there are no zombies sneaking up. Or vampires at the local high school. Or ghosts lurking in my daughters' room. Or monsters under my bed.

The latest in my pile of books is Kiersten White's trilogy, starting with Paranormalcy. I'm nearly done with the second book, Supernaturally, and I have this advice for all future heroines in this genre: do not lie to your boyfriend. Not even if you think you are protecting him. Because you're always going to get caught red-handed, probably at the worst possible moment. Authors are mean like that.

Here's the Teaser:
"Fairies didn't have wings and bordered on evil; pixies were dirty, feral, and tended to bite; and mermaids had neither glorious hair nor seashell bras. Now this about unicorns. Sometimes reality sucked."
- pg. 127, Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive