I love making fantastic cakes for other people. The look on their face when they see the cake…well, it's my drug. Love that feeling. But make my own birthday cake? No way.
So when we have the family dinner on the Sunday during my birthday week, Aunt Denise brings a chocolate cake, frosting, plenty of sprinkles, candies, etc., then turns the kids loose on it. I love this tradition! (But for the past couple of years? I've insisted on making the frosting. I'm kinda a snob that way.)
This year, the cake was divided into three portions (so there wouldn't be any tears over who's art got covered up by who's craziness with the sprinkles). Baby had the far side, Boo in the middle, and the Boy's portion is buried under sprinkles and candy.
And just because I know you're dying to ask…I'm 29.95 plus shipping and handling.
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (90)
- Wordful Wednesday: Because I Refuse To Make My Own...
- Teaser Tuesday: Mistborn
- The Smells of Caramel Apples and Swap Packages are...
- Wordful Wednesday: Maybe the Chemistry Set was a B...
- Teaser Tuesday: Grass for His Pillow
- Wordful Wednesday: Comparison
- I'm Blue (Da Be Dee)
- Teaser Tuesday: Discord's Apple
- Open Letters…Again
- Teaser Tuesday: Like Water For Chocolate
- Friday Confessional: No Surprises Here
- It's better to burn out than fade away
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2010 (88)
- ► 2009 (144)
- ► 2008 (208)