"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Steel



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

One of my favorite authors is Carrie Vaughn. Her Kitty and the Midnight Hour series is about a werewolf radio host. It was also my first introduction to urban fantasy. I know…I was totally missing out. I read on her blog that she had a YA novel so I added it to my TBR list and waited to get my hands on a copy. My local library finally came through! 

Teenage Jill lost an important fencing match and has felt aimless ever since. So on a family vacation to the Bahamas when she finds an old rapier tip buried in the sand, she holds on to it as her own special buried treasure. Then a sight-seeing boat ride through choppy water ends with Jill falling overboard into the ocean only to surface back in the times of swashbuckling pirates. Dark magic is at work.


Here's the Teaser:
"In the captain's mind--and in the minds of the crew--by signing that page she'd agreed to obey the captain, no arguments. She wondered if pirates really did make people walk the plank."
- pg 51, Steel by Carrie Vaughn

What are you reading?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh what a great teaer! thanks for sharing... here’s mine
http://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/teaer-tuesday-july-9-2013/

ChiKittie said...

Great teaser. I have heard about this book but never read it. It sounds good. Thanks for sharing. :)

Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

Naomi Hop said...

Oh wow!! Pirate book!!! Sounds like a great read!!

Thanx for visiting my TT
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive