"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Of Books and Swaps

Sooooo…I signed up for a book swap and was really excited about getting new books. Forget illegal drugs -- I just crave a good read!


Then Life decided to drop a bomb in my lap and it was all I could do to keep things normal for my kids. (Not gonna talk about it so don't ask, please.)

It wasn't until I got the email from co-hostess Beth that I remembered. I swear I am not a slacker when it comes to swaps so I was completely horrified that I forgot this one. In an effort to smooth over things with my partner, I made sure to include a little something special with her books.

But enough about my slacking! I had a really great partner is D from Born to Fly. Check out the lovelies she sent me:

Book #1 A Book My Partner Loves - The Nightspinners by Lucretia Grindle
This one is looks good! Not my usual genre but I am looking forward to this one. Go check it out on Goodreads. And I'm pretty sure the author is using a pen name.






Book #2 A Book My Partner Hasn't Read - House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
I remembered this movie coming out with Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly. This one is also on a lot of book group lists.






Book #3 A Book From My Wishlist - Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
I've been waiting for this one for ages! It's a re-telling of the twelve dancing princesses. And just in case you're wondering, Grimms' version is nothing like the Barbie one.





Thanks, D! You are a gem!
And thank you, Beth and Miss Angie, for not giving up on me!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I look forward to reading your reviews on Goodreads :o)

Vonnie said...

These are awesome swaps!

D said...

You're welcome and thanks for the books you sent. As far as the book on your list goes,I actually checked it out. Very good book!

Beth W said...

I'm glad you were still able to participate, and I hope everything works out (let us know if we can help!). Happy reading, and thanks for signing up for our swap. :)

Kara said...

The books look great. I currently have a summer book swap going on if you would like to sign up http://karalovesreading.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-book-swap.html?m=1

Lindsey said...

I read Princess of the Midnight Ball and loved it! As well as the sequel. Such fun reads!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive