1 pkg graham crackers
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups almonds, ground up in your food processor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use aluminum foil to line a 9x13 pan, then spray with cooking spray.
- Use graham crackers to line the pan as close to the edges as you can get. You might need to break the crackers into smaller or skinnier pieces.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in brown sugar and stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and bring the sugar to a nice frothy boil while you keep stirring. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over crackers. Use a spatula to spread it out to cover all the crackers.
- Place pan oven for five minutes or until the sugar mixture is bubbling. (Took mine about 7 minutes.)
- Once it's out of the oven, evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let them melt.
- When melted, spread chocolate so it covers everything, making sure to keep it even.
- Before the chocolate cools, sprinkle nuts over the top until all chocolate is covered. Press them down into the chocolate. You may have nuts leftover and that's fine.
- Let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
The crunch from the crackers mixed with the toffee makes for a very similar roca experience and doesn't require a candy thermometer. And you can't go wrong with something smothered in chocolate and nuts.
What are your favorite Christmas treats?