Our ward boundaries changed. This means that approximately 18 houses in my neighborhood (of which one is mine) are now in another ward. Same building, same gospel, same truth. Different time, different faces, just plain different.
I don't like change. Wait, let me rephrase that. I don't like change that I can't control.
Since I can't control it, I've just got to learn to adjust, right? Or I can just sit on my couch, pout, feel like my comfort zone was dissected and rezoned by imminent domain, and eat chocolate pudding.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yolks, well beaten
2 oz baking chocolate, chopped (the darker, the better!)
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk and egg yolks over medium heat.
- Once combined, add baking chocolate.
- Stir until mixture thickens and boils. Allow to boil (while stirring) one minute longer, then remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- To serve warm (my preferred method): Immediately spoon into dessert cups.
- To serve chilled (my preferred breakfast the next morning): Cover pan with plastic wrap, making sure the entire surface of the pudding is in contact, and set in fridge for at least three hours. Scoop out desired amount. Pudding will be firmer.
* The image is from here, which also has another yummy pudding recipe.